Privacy & Cookies Policy
- Who we are
- What information do we collect from you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Who we might share your information with
- Your Rights
- How long we keep your information for
- Access to your information and correction
- Other Websites
- How to contact us
Who we are
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re generally referring to the distinct legal entity that make up HLF (although it does depend on the context).
It also includes any other businesses we add in the future.
What information do we collect from you?
- Information that you provide to us such as your company name, address, telephone number, email address and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including, for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, and so on);
- As you move around our site we will collect technical information about your visit, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit and what links you click on, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases marketing and research companies) social media providers as well as information that is publicly available.
How will we use the information about you?
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our Services and Products to you;
- Process your orders;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Find ways to improve our websites;
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who we might share your information with?
- We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or financial information.
- However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, leasing companies and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
We would like to tell you about new products of HLF Italian Design from time to time that we think you might be interested in. If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. How to stop marketing messages from HLF You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you do this, we will ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
- Please note that, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
- Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications.
- Service communications can have included receipt of purchase, delivery information and information to support technical issues.
Access and correction of your personal information You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below. Right to stop or limit our processing of your data You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of keycode or keys);
- implementing access controls to our information, password protected files, encrypted servers and SSL certificated websites;
- never ask you for your passwords.
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Data Protection Officer, Via Postioma - 34, 31050 Vascon di Carbonera , Treviso - ITALY